Personal Chef / Private Chef Services
Friend that Cooks Home Chef Service offers an array of time and money saving services, though our weekly meal prep service is our most popular. Each of these services is 100% customizable. We meet with you on an individual basis to determine exactly how to best meet your needs. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the full list of services.
How does the meal prep service work?
- A talented chef from Friend that Cooks sets up an initial free consultation in your home. We discuss the service you are interested in, fill out a profile to gather pertinent information about you and your family, get acquainted with your kitchen, agree on a time to start, and make friends.
- The skilled chef comes to your home on the agreed upon day to cook. The menu is agreed upon either in person, by email or by phone the day of or before. We create a shopping list, check your cabinets for list items you already have, and adjust the shopping list.
- We get either a prepaid gift card, debit card, or cash from you for shopping, and go to the store.
- We return with ingredients and the receipt, then cook some fantastic food!
- We clean up your kitchen!
- We package ingredients according to your specifications (you can have individual meals packaged, or family style portions), label your food and write a list of what we've made.
- You pay us a low hourly rate based on the hours worked from the time the chef showed up at your house to the time the chef finished.
There are no contracts to sign, and no obligations! If you and your family leave for a vacation, we simply take a week off! Our service is all about you. No marking up your food 400-500% above the cost of the product like caterers, restaurants and other personal chefs, just an honest hourly wage cooking with your food, in your home, by your friend.
If you or a family member have special dietary needs due to Celiac disease, diabetes, low or high blood sugar, coronary disease, food allergies or would just like to follow a particular diet, our chefs can design your menu around those special needs at no extra charge!
We shop for your groceries as part of our weekly meal prep service and other services, but we are also available to run shopping errands for you outside of our other services.
If you don't have time to shop yourself, you're disabled, or you just don't like to shop, you can hire us to do your shopping for you for the same flat hourly rate we charge for all our services!
Individual and group cooking lessons
This is the perfect gift for someone you know who loves to cook, or would love to learn! Our group cooking lessons also make for great entertainment for you and your friends!
Have everyone over to hang around the kitchen, watch the cooking action, ask questions and talk about their favorite food memories! You and your friends can jump in and help, take notes, or just have a great time watching your food get prepared right in front of you.
Corporate cooking demos
Cooking demos for corporate functions give you something to share with your employees and customers that is not only entertaining, but useful too!
We demonstrate cooking techniques, share recipes, and give your customers and employees an interactive experience they won't forget!
Private dinners in your home
Wouldn't it be nice to have the family together for meals again, or have a group of friends over for a wine dinner in your home? We can make it happen!
Whether it's a holiday or every day, our home chef service can prepare fantastic meals that are sure to bring everyone to your house for dinner or luncheons!
Having a special party? Let us help you make it a hit no matter what the theme! You decorate, we'll cook!
Take as much or as little help as you need. We're there for you like a friend should be. We can take care of every aspect of your party's food from start to finish, or just lend you an extra hand so you can do it yourself. For some really fun party food ideas, visit our Ideas page!